Please check below for
About this Job
WINGS WorldQuest is looking for a dedicated undergraduate student to assist the Communications Associate and Managing Director in all aspects of this small but mighty NGO. Projects can include: research and administrative support for fundraising campaigns, programming research and support, implementing social media strategy and increasing engagement, and event planning and implementation. This internship will sometimes require working from home, but the intern is also expected to attend weekly meetings with the Managing Director at our office in Manhattan on East 42nd Street.
This internship is a great opportunity to get real hands-on experience with an NGO and offers various learning opportunities. You will report directly to the Managing Director and be responsible for your own projects - no coffee runs! This position has the potential to continue into the winter/spring semester where you would work directly on our annual gala and explorer forum.
Responsibilities may include:
- Staying up to date with current events involving women in STEM and recommending social media posts
- Researching trending topics in women, science and exploration for social media content
- Assisting in the drafting, proofreading and/or editing of newsletters and reports
- Managing and updating website
- Working with the Managing Director on contacting Fellows and Flag Carriers
- Organizing and managing files on hard drives
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.