Congratulations 2010 Women of Discovery!
Five extraordinary women explorers, the traditional cultures of Africa, whale song, the secret life of plants, and environmental conservation were celebrated on April 15th at the 2010 Women of Discovery Awards Dinner.
Guests filled the Tribeca Rooftop in Lower Manhattan to join cinema legend Uma Thurman, CNBC financial reporter Berth Coombs, acclaimed filmmaker Mira Nair, and visionary philosopher-musician David Rothenberg at the Tribeca Rooftop to celebrate the accomplishments of 12 remarkable women explorers and to learn how their ground-breaking research is enhancing our understanding of the world today.
“The Women of Discovery are paving the way to a greater understanding of our world while making it more humane for all of us.”
– Milbry Polk, WINGS Executive Director and Co-Founder
At the request of Karen Zieff, the photographer who donated her services to document the event, proceeds from the sales of the photos will be donated to Wings Worldquest to support the amazing exploration of these, and many women like them. Please purchase photos to support Wings
Meet the 2010 Elected Fellows
- Diana Beresford-Kroeger
- Botany, Medical Biochemistry, Organic and Nuclear Chemistry, Surgery.
- Rosemarie Keough
- HBA in Business Administration. A photographer and private-press publisher.
- Nina Jablonski
- PhD in Anthropology. Discoverer of the first fossil chimpanzee.
- Aimee Morgana
- MFA in Art. Artist, Teacher, and Researcher.
- Naomi E. Pierce
- PhD in Organismic and Evolutionary Biology.
- Jill Tarter
- Bachelor of Engineering Physics, Cornell University; PhD in Astronomy, UC Berkeley.